A MORNING WITH GRANDPA
My picture book, A MORNING WITH GRANDPA, illustrated by Christina Forshay (Lee & Low Books 2016), was the 2013 New Voices Award winner.
A girl (Mei Mei) and her grandpa (Gong Gong) spend the morning in the garden. Gong Gong teaches her tai chi moves, while she teaches him yoga. Can they keep up with each other?
Kirkus Reviews: "Debut author Liu scores with a sweet story of intergenerational relationships."
Publisher's Weekly review: " . . .the book’s sweetness stems from the thoughtful gentleness with which Gong Gong guides Mei Mei, never restraining her natural exuberance. "
Get a signed copy if you order from Prince Books. You can also order it at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, IndieBound, or your local bookseller.
Read more about it at the blog tour at Kidlit411.
Awards & Recognition
- Lee & Low New Voices Award winner
- Annual Best List: Cooperative Children's Book Center Choice 2017
- Here Wee Read: "55 of the Best Diverse Picture and Board Books of 2016"
- Huffington Post: "Best Picture Books of 2016" (Honorable Mention)
- School Library Journal: "The Diversity List: Picture, Easy, and Early Chapter Books of 2016"
- Creative Nonfiction Memoir Essay, "Your Life in Airplane Rides," placed 1st in Hampton Roads Writers Conference 2017 contest (published in Potomac Review, issue 62, Spring 2018)